Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blue coats, bright futures, indeed

We're in Indianapolis now for the FFA National Convention. I am blown away. Everyone here is so amazingly nice and the kids, well, the kids are well-mannered, articulate wonderteens. The city itself is clean and friendly, although I have only seen a tiny bit of it. There are six of us official convention photographers and the whole group is really cool. Some are editorial photographers and a couple are wedding shooters, so it's a good mix. There are 50,000 kids from all over the country and Puerto Rico here for this thing and man, blue coats are everywhere. My assignments so far have been good and I've met a lot of interesting people. I miss the dogs but from the sounds of it, Rich is taking excellent care of the brood. Thanks, buddy.
If anyone is wondering about the last post and why I deleted it, I felt that some of my comments were inappropriate. The reply I made to one particular comment was a kneejerk reaction and I should take up issues with my supervisors before spouting off online. It's a good debate in general but I went about it the wrong way. Mea Culpa.
Anyway, the door is open for ideas and opinions and it's something I'm looking forward to discussing further under more fair circumstances.
Peace.This is an example of where our photos will be going.


The happy couple. Our newsroom is in the arena where the Pacers play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a great time "in America". Got to love it.

P said...

how is the dreadlocks article coming along?

glad you're having fun in the states!!