Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Vive la turista!

Here are some photos from the hellish bus ride home from Whitehorse. I was smart this time. I ate some Dramamine and knocked myself out for almost the entire trip. Along the way we saw a lynx, two coyote, fox, moose and whole whack of dall sheep on the road. I felt like a big tourist on this Holland America bus snapping away whilst ooing and awing. Lord. Is this what I've become? Oh well, it was pretty cool.
The Silver Sled race has been cancelled, so I'm thinking of going to Nenana for the Ice Classic races. It's two days of 40 miles per day. We'll see. I might just take the dogs and head into the White Mountains for a couple days.
Peace.


oooo.



awww.



eeee.




zzzz. (That's Matias, Quest reporter for the News-Miner.)

2 comments:

Erin Alaska said...

Your buddy doesn't look too comfy, nice pics though. And BTW doesn't everyone's husband fart in their sleep and wake the dogs? Thanks again for all the cabin info, this is a good start for us. I am sure I will be bugging you later :)
Are you not going to the Iditarod? Namaste
Erin J.E.M.

dogsled_stacie said...

Aha! So that's what those big-assed Holland America buses were doing up here at this time of year!