Monday, April 21, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand bucks

Johnson and I spent most of yesterday loafing on the porch, drinking coffee and contemplating life. (That took all of five minutes.) Then we hauled out a bag of golf balls and a driver from the back of his Subaru and took turns whacking balls off the house pad into the woods. The sturdy thwack of the balls hitting the trees was extremely satisfying. Only one ricocheted directly back at us. It landed in Sister's circle. She picked it up and buried it in the straw inside her house like a precious egg. I promptly retrieved the ball/egg from its new nest and fired it off a snow-tee into the woods again. What fun! (Sister's still pouting.) After a while we got sick of the golf club so we switched to a Louisville Slugger. Believe it or not, it was even more satisfying.
The temps here are soaring and the snow is slowly receding. The dog yard is a soupy, poopy mess. I leave a week from today for my summer of dog fun in Skagway. This week, I am free and clear of assignments and am focusing on organizing my shit gear to get ready for five months in the Southeast. I have about 10 lists going and have done little, if nothing, on any of said lists. I've got time.
Peace.

5 comments:

Johnny G said...

Procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate I say. Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow....Welcome home and goodbye again, have fun in Schwagway.

Unknown said...

The golfing/batting sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the procrastinating means you don't really want to go.....
Come back to Ontar-iar-i-ario. Your visit was way too short anyway.

(It's still an unbelievable 25C)

Mere xo

Anonymous said...

wndered onto your site... on my bikejoring wanderings. love your words, your photos, your ambition. way to go.
in ME, US

Anonymous said...

wndered onto your site... on my bikejoring wanderings. love your words, your photos, your ambition. way to go.
in ME, US