Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I try to walk away and I stumble

It was cold here. Now it's not. We ran the dogs this morning in rain but now it's snowing. To be perfectly honest, the dogs and I are in a bit of a slump right now. We need to bump up miles but I'm worried about the dogs and their morale. We took a different trail today and the dogs did well and that seemed to perk them up a bit. Le sigh. Finding the perfect balance between keeping the dogs happy and motivated whilst maintaining and increasing their physical conditioning is, like, hard. Very hard. I'm struggling with that a lot these days. Of course, me being a bit down isn't helping the dogs at all as their moods play directly off mine.

On a lighter note, Don Cotogno is helping with our new website (spitfirekennels.com) and it's nearly ready to be launched. Also, Lead Dog Mead is selling like hotcakes at the winery so that sponsorship should be coming in soon. Just in time, too. We're picking up a ton of dry food and several hundred pounds of meat in a couple weeks in Wasilla.

Random photos to follow.

Peace.


Puppies!! Ruby leading the charge with big Cinch and lil' Alive behind.





Our dog-water source.




The yard.





Raven marks in the new snow...since I've been writing this it has rained and is now snowing again.




2 comments:

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Love the photos! A new trail is always a good thing to try. Maybe just take a day or two off - though it sounds counter-productive, I found it helped my team when they slumped.

Kathleen said...

Hang in there AKBushbaby--
You're going to prevail and this slump will be a tiny blip in the grand scheme of things. I admire your choice to live the life you're living!