My good friend Karen, and by good friend I mean stranger, tagged me. Now, I've been tagged before (wink) but didn't really know what the hell it meant. Apparently now I'm supposed to list seven random, weird things about me and then tag seven other people. (SIDEBAR: Sam was just futzing with the wood stove and got soot on his hands which he rubbed on his face. Now it looks like he has a unibrow. I haven't told him yet.)
OK, back to this tag thing. I guess I'll list seven random things about me first. Karen, I hope you still read me after this. (My name is Jill, by the way. Jillian Rogers. Pleased to meet you.)
Here we go.
1) I hate balloons. It's a phobia really. Hate them. The smell, the sound, the inevitable pop...hate them. Mylar balloons I can handle, but I'd rather just have cake.
2) I hate frogs and toads. I'm glad I live in Alaska where they are more rare. I just got a chill thinking about the tree frogs stuck to the back door of my childhood home. And the toads that would sit on the front step waiting for me to come home at night. They'd flash their knives and I'd give them my money. Stupid toad gangs. I can shoot a gun, stitch up a wounded dog, clean up doggie diarrhea, spend days outside a 40 below, but put a frog (or balloon) in front of me and I screech like a howler monkey.
3) I'm a compulsive paper roller-upper. I tear off tiny pieces of paper (the corners of my notepad, books, whatever's in front of me) and roll them between my fingertips into tiny tubes which litter the floor and counter around my workspace. The tiny tubes clog up the keyboard and this habit used to drive people crazy at the newspaper where I worked in Whitehorse. And now it drives Sam crazy.
4) I had OCD as a kid, but in my adulthood have done a complete 180. Sam calls me Messy Bessy for good reason.
5) I pick up frozen dog poo with my gloved hand. It's faster and it doesn't smell.
6) I have loved Elvis since my babysitter would set up the record player at the front window and blare Jailhouse Rock to us kids on the lawn who would dance until we couldn't catch out breath.
7) I love, love, love dill pickles and sour cream together.
So, I'm tagging Dave, Stacey, Phoebe, Jeremy, Brian, Sue and Kelly!
So, um, I guess now they write seven weird things about themselves...? Yeah, that's it.
My sister is labour!!! I'm going to be an auntie! She was in the hospital yesterday but they sent her home until she is a little more, um, gaping. If she has the bambino in the next week, the baby will be premature and will have to stay in the hospital. She's really uncomfortable and a little freaked out, but otherwise good. Hang in there, Dana. We love you!