Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jillian: portrait of an idiot

This is what happens when you leave a can of soda water in the car. Overnight. In Alaska. In November.

My reaction: 'oopsie...can't I wink my way of this one?' (Yes, I was taking pictures of myself while driving...idiotic and narcissistic that's me!)

On a smarter note, I bought a new sled a couple nights ago and got a smokin' good deal. Here it is:

It's much, much smaller and lighter than my other two sleds so it'll be good for smaller teams, double sledding, going faster, being reckless etc...
Now, back to the idiotic end of things; I can't wait to get on a sled so today Julie and are hooking up small teams to test the trails. There's still not really enough snow, scratch that, there's enough snow to go, just not enough to stop, hence, the small teams, which we still won't be able to stop but um, we don't care. We just won't stop, or fall off...haha!
Anyway, time to hit the trail. Don't worry, I'm bringing my camera...
Peace.

5 comments:

dogsled_stacie said...

Hmmm, I'll wait till see how it goes for you - 'cause I want to do the same thing! We only have a wee skiff of snow, but small teams - it's TOTALLY doable...

Stay tuned for Stacie's next post entitled "Stacie: portrait of an Idiot"... :)

Anonymous said...

hey you. found your blog after wine with Libby last night! it's great! And she's great! I'm glad she had a good time here, where the soda doesn't freeze overnight - or if it does, it melts again in a few hours and then washes away with the rain... :-)

Anonymous said...

Mere.... portrait of a much older idiot... my unopened drink in the cupholder - August temp. 30C. Opened it while driving.

Amazing photo though... frozen in time.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. I love Alaska and hope to visit it once again.

Maddy from West Virginia

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

What really sucks is when you forget that you left a case of beer out on the porch to get cold... very very messy --and pricey too!

I'm kinda glad I don't have that problem down here, but I do miss having the worlds biggest freezer!