Friday, November 21, 2008

He's got more balls than a big, brass monkey

Sorry for the lack of posting. I was in Anchorage/Big Lake/Wasilla for the past week visiting friends, running dogs, buying a feminine pee helper...you know, the usual. I'm back now and waiting for my handler to come and help me run the dogs. I got my new sled yesterday and in a word, it's AWESOME! I never, in a million years, thought a 40-pound hunk of metal and plastic could make me squeal like an infant, but this, people, is what makes me happy. This year is going to be fan-freakin-tastic. I must thank another sponsor. My sister-in-law Rebecca gave a chunk of money to Spitfire Kennel and it couldn't have come at a better time. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. It means a lot to me. More than you can imagine. I also think I have a line on Lynden Transport, which would be my first corporate sponsor.
I'm putting together a sponsor package today and will be sending them out early next week. Don't be pissed if you get one. (By the way, if you're on our Christmas-card list, you're getting a sponsor letter.) If you would like a sponsor letter (or a Christmas card), send me your address and I'll mail you one. It comes with a photo of me and some good lookin' dogs. My email is rogersjillian@hotmail.com. Obviously, I don't want anyone to feel obligated to donate because I know your kind thoughts are with me and I appreciate that very much. I got my meat order finally and the dogs are filling out nicely. I'm going to Cantwell next Sunday to run the dogs on a sled for a few days. Should be fun. It's getting colder here. It was 23 below zero Fahrenheit this morning but has warmed up to about 12 below. Perfect dog-running weather. OK, must go wrestle the four-wheeler down to the dog yard.
Peace.

3 comments:

dogsled_stacie said...

Argh, you're using that crazy Farenheit stuff, crap I don't even know how to spell it. How long did it take you to make the switch after you moved??

Still on the quad? Bummer! Same here. Bleah.

Anonymous said...

HI JILLY, THIS IS GRAN.WHAT A LIFE YOU HAVE I ENVY YOU WISH I COULD BE THERE.I DO NOT KNOW SOME OF YOUR EXPRESSIONS BUT I AM OF THE OLD SCHOOL.ANYWAY I GET AGOOD LAUGH. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND LOVE TO SAM.

Anonymous said...

Make sure you practice with the pee-helper! I got one for long rock climbs a few years back, and was surprised to find that it's actually hard to break the habit of squatting to pee. Maybe you'll do better than me, but it took me a few frustrating tries to pee standing. It was pretty funny, though. Best of luck ;-)