Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Opinions are like kittens, I was givin' 'em away

Nothing really to report. I bumped the dogs up to 20 miles today and the run was spotless. I'm going to Anchorage tomorrow for a few days to pick up some booties, fish and beaver meat and visit friends. Umm, let's see. What else? I like long walks on the tundra and starry nights. I like tea, both black and chai. My new sled is getting shipped up from North Dakota and should be here next week. OK, that's it. My life is boring at the moment.
Peace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't aware that Beaver meat was priced moderately enough to be economically feasible as dog food. On the other hand, I was just reading how beaver hats are the warmest in the world, although by no means cheap. Throw up a link or pic to that new sled, congratulations.

Erin Alaska said...

boring is good, sometimes!
:)

Anonymous said...

I think your life isn't boring at all. In fact, I am jealous. Starry nights and walks in the tundra, and, most importantly, dogs. What more could you want? Wonderful. Great blog.

Anonymous said...

Such are the perils of having too much to do... free time seems boring. Here's a thought - head on over to Freddy's and watch frenetic Christmas shoppers. Most of them wouldn't know what to do with starry nights and walks in the tundra. Enjoy the pace my little chickadee.
Mere xo

Unknown said...

Good Afternoon!

I was bored at work and randomly googled "A Girl and Her Dog". The first hit was your site.

Coincidentally, I grew up in Fairbanks, and spend more than a lifetime at Skiland. After seeing pictures of Shirly (where was Ron and that overfed beagle Hunter?) on Election day, I had to get in contact with you.

How long have you been in the Chatinika Valley? I would be interested who you know and why you decided to give up your photography life. Sounds like you have a great story.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

R. Nelson Parrish

funhog and fundogs said...

I always say: "take my advice, I'm not using it"