Saturday, May 30, 2009

Get me a chicken sandwich and some waffle fries...for free!

We had a rude awakening this morning just before two when ol' Bully decided to Norwalk all over the only tiny piece of carpet in our cabin. Rich and I awoke to the distinct sound of watery poo being sprayed every which way. Being the considerate canine he is, he must not have wanted to disturb us by whining to go outside and unload, so he just went where he was. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've been on my hands and knees in the middle of the night....wait for it...scrubbing the floor after a poo-pee-vomit incident. Part and parcel to owning a heard of dogs, I suppose. Roy's been acting weird lately. Not sick or anything, just more anxious than usual. Maude and Mr. Lahey are getting sick of being in the playpen together and have starting scuffling over food, toys, bones, a piece of grass...anything, really. Time to separate the sisters. Other than these minor episodes, the dogs are good, getting loose often to frolic in the neighbour's hay field. Libby has a cool little two-wheeled cart for training dogs. I can't wait to take it for a spin. It looks like a death trap, kind of, but it'll sure be nice to get the dogs in harness, albeit just two at a time. Oh well, better than nothing. Anyway, the pups are growing and getting very brave. They're at a really fun age right now and I wish they were stay like this forever. Work is great and getting really busy. OK, enough blathering. Photos and video to come.
Peace.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Oh, my, that does not sound fun.

I once woke up in the morning to a very foul smell. Our aussie-husky mix had dumped right non the bed and wasn't even moving away from it. Our sheltie-springer mix, on the other hand, was practically sleeping on my head to get as far away from the nastiness as possible.

Turns out Cora was dehydrated and had to get IV fluids. It was the day after a big snowfall, and they'd both been eating lots of snow.

Someone suggested to me that they can become dehydrated doing that. Ever heard the same?