Sunday, July 01, 2007

Beaver galore! And a ditch witch...

Happy Canada Day!!! Whooohoooo!

Sam and I are going over to Theresa and Mike's for a Canada Day BBQ but as we fly out the door, I wanted to share a glimpse of my beaver. I decided to make a cake for the party and at first I was going to make a Canada flag cake. But after some thought I decided to challenge myself and make a little beaver scene complete with a beaver den, beaver slide, trees and a pond...and a flag...all made from edible goodies like cookies, jelly beans etc...
Here it is! Have a good one, eh?
Oh yeah, this weekend we also rented a ditch witch (big, scary machine to dig ditches) to make a trench so we can finally bury our electric and phone cables. The digging is done but now we have a huge trench from the house to the road and it's pouring out...what a mess! Ruffles has only fallen in the ditch twice...that we've seen...
I also went to Becky's this morning to rinse the final round of tie dye. This time I made some shirts for a friend and her little ones in Whitehorse...they look awesome...
Peace and happy beaver eating!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of home

Chilly Beach

Anonymous said...

Awesome cake eh! Wait.... I think I spotted Doug and Bob MacKenzie sitting on a log. Happy Canada Day!

Sugartime Baker