Sunday, April 20, 2008

I am the very model of a modern Major-General

I have returned. Relatively unscathed. I got back to Fairbanks in the wee hours of Saturday to a heap of new snow and sub zero temperatures. Quite a change from 75 degrees in Eastern Ontario. The trip was fantastic. Quick and dirty. I got to visit with my Gran and stayed with my sister, her husband and my new nephew Jaden for three days in Kingston. I also visited with some old friends which was really nice. Of course, there were plenty of people I wanted to see but time simply did not allow. Next time, I promise.
I have a week until I leave for Skagway for the summer, so I'll be busy packing my winter gear away and organizing gear to take south. The dogs were really happy to see me. Sally and Kat actually jumped up on me with tails wagging...they never do that...
Sam is in Missouri helping his mother move from a big, lake-front house into an apartment in Kansas. He'll be back tomorrow.
Here are some photos from the trip with more to come when Sam gets back with his camera.
Peace.

Me and my nephew...who looks more uncomfortable?

A happy boy, that's for sure.



Here's Buddy, my parents' dog, chasing ducks on our front lawn.

No comments: