Tuesday, April 08, 2008

This is one doodle that can't be undid, Homeskillet

Strange weather we're having, eh? It's snowing, it's melting, it's freezing, it's melting, it's snowing...make up your mind!!
Well, not much going on here.
Roy's still in a coma and Ruffles is one happy biddy because of it. Even though she was getting pretty good at the ol' tuck-and-roll every time Roy would push her down the hill, she's excited to have a little break from the obnoxious pup.
I'm working on a couple late stories for next month's issue of Mushing Magazine and I'm going out to Chena Hot Springs tomorrow to cover NBC's 'The Today Show' out there doing a weekend piece about the geothermal plant. I'm heading down the Steese to Chatanika on Thursday morning to visit with mushers Dan Kaduce and Jodi Bailey. Dan's going to build me a racing sled for next season. I'm working on a business profile about Cooper Sleds out of Minnesota right now and I kind of want one those sleds, too. They're $1800, ultra light and super flexible. I was also looking at a Prairie Bilt sled, which are a little cheaper, but we'll see how much cash I have when the summer's over. I'm also trying to put together a sponsorship package for next year's racing season. Oh, and trying to get a few late season runs in before the dogs and I head to Skagway for five months.
Sam and I leave Saturday for Ontario and we're both pretty excited. Our friend Julie is going to stay at the cabin and watch the dogs for us.
Well, I guess that's it for now.
Peace
Oh yeah, check me out here.


Poor Roy.

3 comments:

Carolyn H said...

Poor Roy. I hope he gets better soon. He looks pretty sad right now.

Carolyn H.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

You mean Squarebanks actually built a geothermal power plant out at the hot springs???? Will wonders never cease...

You still gonna be blogging for the summer?

AKbushbaby said...

Carolyn: We took his collar off and man, is he happy. Different dog entirely. He's off the tranquilizers, his wiener is healing nicely and he's back to his old tricks.
Dave: Seriously?? You didn't read about that? The power plant is an amazing feat because of the relatively low temps. Read more here: www.yourownpower.com
I'm going to try to blog regularly this summer, but I have to drive into town to get internet access, so we'll see how it goes.