Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Don't piss off the hippie-crites...they might just burn your house down

Well, things have certainly changed a lot here in Alaska. Without getting into all the gory details, I will tell you these little tidbits:
I moved south to Big Lake with the dogs.
I am moving again in a couple weeks to Homer, Alaska, with the dogs and Rich.
I am racing in the Taiga 300 which starts on April 1.


I was talking to a friend online yesterday and he was telling me how he wished he had the gumption to do the things he wants to do. The things that would really make him happy. But he can't. He's got a wife, a big house, a couple cars, an HD flatscreen TV...you know...stuff... And he's up to his ass in debt as a result.
I am by no means debt free, but if you wait until where you want to be financially, instead of just making do, you'll never do anything. And as cliche as this sounds, one life is one life. For the love of god, live it!
I managed to race this year with the help of kind sponsors and supporters and now when I get money I buy dog food and the rest is secondary. And I'm happy. And excited because I can do anything. Really. And I will. I have been. My new plan is to do Iditarod next year.
Anyway, the dogs are in super shape. Strider and Sipsi have become superstars of the team, much to my huge surprise. We've got 18 race dogs who are all in the running for my Taiga team. Rich will take 12 in the Goose Bay 120 next weekend, so we'll see how they do on that.
Anyway, here are some random photos from the past few weeks.
Peace.
I didn't want to hurt anyone, but I know I did. I'm not evil, just selfish, I guess. I need to do what makes me happy.
I have no idea where this is all going, so I'll leave it. 'Nuff said.
We're watching dog races and training pups and race dogs. There are no rules here and it's perfect.



Roy cuddled up with a scarf that Rich's mom made me.



Streeper's winning team at the Fur Rondy World Championship a couple weeks ago.


A team givin' 'er down Cordova Hill during the Fur Rondy.


Rich and Hoser at the Rondy.


Rich and I at the Rondy.